Downloadable Lectures on Church History

Status
Not open for further replies.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
Brothers and sisters,

I have my presbytery examination on Church History this coming Friday. (Please pray that I am sustained...on this one as well as on an exegetical paper on Psalm 2 that I wrote).

Anyway, presbytery is meeting in Indianapolis- which is 4.5 hours from the glorious and blessed Grand Rapids, MI. :lol: I am wondering if anyone knows any good Reformed lectures on Church history that are OVERVIEW that I could burn on to CD to listen to on my way to presbytery.

For the record, I have been studying and have done well in all of my sem courses in Church history, I am just looking for something to listen to on the long and boring ride that will help keep things fresh in my mind.

:think:

Both Covenant Theological Seminary and RTS have downloadable MP3's for church history. However both are full semester courses so probably go into too much detail for a 4.5 trip. However, I do think they have transcripts available as well you could skim over and catch the high points that way.

I'm assuming you're going to be at 2nd RP there in Indy? I don't know how long you'll be in the area, but consider this: they have a team which goes out either on Friday or Saturday nights to evangelize in the Broad Ripple area. Check it out if you've got some spare time in the evening.

As for church history lectures, perhaps something in here would be appropriate:
Monergism.com's History and Biography Audio Section

It might be a little more detailed than you're looking for, but it's good nonetheless.

From the apostolic period up to the Reformation:Gerald Bray

I, too, have them on my iPod. I've probably burned that portion of the disc thin. They are quite insightful. My daughter even likes them.

I'm also enjoying Joe Morecraft--have to ration the lectures to make them last a while. It's tempting to chain-listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back