Dr. Joel Beeke interview and free magazine trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
Wow, I listened to Dr. Joel Beeke on The Family and Worship. It is probably one of the most needed messages for our Church Families today. Please download it and listen. Should we roast and critique our Pastor's Sermons? Especially in light that most of us don't prepare ourselves to hear them?

I love Covenant Radio. My kids benefit from it also.

http://www.covradioaudio.com/Theology/09-09-10_Family_Church_(Joel_Beeke).mp3

Also this months Reformed Presbyterian Witness is on some of the same topics. I recommend getting a copy if you can. Here is the first paragraph in this month's magazine.

Roast Yourself for Lunch, For a Change.

The average church member is much more critical of the pastor than of himself. Am I wrong? Think of how many times you’ve heard a critique of a sermon. Now think of how many times you heard someone critique their own readiness for the sermon, or their prayer and perseverance in applying the sermon. It might be refreshing to hear someone say, “I can see some weaknesses in the pastor’s sermon, but my own preparation for the sermon was far weaker. All week long instead of praying and persevering in applying what I gleaned from last week’s sermon or preparing for this week’s sermon, I basically forgot about all of it.”

You can get a free 4 or 3 month trial subscription from Crown and Covenant to try it out. I can't figure out if it is 3 or 4 months.
Reformed Presbyterian Witness Magazine 4-month trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back