Ecclesiastes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked Sinclaire Ferguson's book ... The Pundit's Folly

It was short, very readable and well done!

:up: to Pundit's Folly.

When all is said and done, however, I like to take the individual verses out of context as much as I can. It's more fun that way. I like a book that tells me there's no better way to spend my time than eating and drinking!

Leupold on Ecclesiastes is good. I also liked Derek Kidner, especially the introduction, in The Bible Speaks Today

My own notes on Ecclesiastes are online at Studies in Ecclesiastes on my webpage. It is a series I taught following the death of my father about 10 years ago. It is interesting how that sort of event gives one a new paradigm on life and death.

To put a further plug in for Edward Reynolds (Spurgeon says "he is always good" and Reynolds ranks #14 on Tony Reinke's Puritan Library Recommendations), one can either get the complete English Annotations, or get Vol. 4 of Reynolds' Works for $22.00 via Abebooks (as of this evening), or download for free his Works, including his commentary on Ecclesiastes, at http://books.google.com/

Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg's commentary on Ecclesiastes is also recommended by Spurgeon and, although not online as far as I can tell, is available at Amazon for $21.00.

Matthew Poole is also highly recommended.

Matthew Henry

Keil & Delitzsch

John Gill

Jamieson-Fausset-Brown

[Edited on 9-27-2006 by VirginiaHuguenot]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back