Eerdmans publishes pro-Mormon book

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickyReformed

Puritan Board Freshman
http://www.eerdmans.com/shop/product.asp?p_key=0802828760

The book was authored by a Mormon 'scholar'.

Here's a letter by Kerry Kinchen, pastor of Bridgeway Bible Church, to Eerdmans:

As Senior Pastor of Bridgeway, I have some Eerdmans published books in my office library, but I won´t be buying anything published from Eerdmans anymore.

It is not a cliché when one contends earnestly for the faith that was once for all delivered to the set-apart ones. It is a mandate. On the other hand, it is a cult who contends earnestly for the faith once for all delivered by a con-man leader "” and such is a shame. Robert Millet´s A Different Jesus? (now published by Eerdmans) is exactly the shame I am talking about.

I am a pastor who exposes the obvious fact that Mormons do not worship the same God, nor the same Jesus that saved people worship. Mormonism is a brain-washing cult whose apologists avoid the real issues in debate and writing. Only direct and unwavering cross-examination with the uncomfortable facts gets them to address the issues they typically avoid. Then once they give their seeker-sensitive answers, you must relentlessly cross-examine again, and again. Otherwise, you´ll think they believe in the same Jesus that you do.

Your recent endorsement of Millet´s apologetic is beyond a decent word. Frankly, I am livid with shock. Mouw´s endorsement means nothing and does not let you off the hook for your actions. The man is incompetent as an apologist of the faith, and no office he holds is a badge that demonstrates otherwise. Do you think we are fools? When I first started following Mouw´s postmodern notion of dialogue with the leaders of that particular cult, I realized quickly that Mouw´s bizarre affinity for "œcommonality" would be used by Mormons as a way to sweep their core beliefs under a rug (momentarily). It has happened. You are party to the crime.

Really, has it not occurred to you that you will pay the price for your actions? Are you that far gone from understanding that this is wood, hay, and stubble that you (Eerdmans) have published, endorsed, distributed, and made money from?

1. I am contacting every pastor I know, and I am going to talk with them in a very strong and convincing way, and I am going to encourage them to boycott your sick company.
2. Additionally, I am going to post flyers all over our church, telling our members not to buy your books anymore.
3. Finally, we as a congregation are going to have a time of weeping and mourning for Eerdmans in these days when you could have shined the glory of Christ to a sick postmodern generation. Instead, you have chosen to eclipse any glory you may have had by prostituting yourself with a laughable, yet deadly cult. This is great cause for mourning. Shame on you. Shame on all of you for the damage you are doing to Christ´s church.

In the real Christ, and in tears,
Pastor Kerry Kinchen
www.bridgewaybiblechurch.org

Can you say liberal and calvinist in the same breath. No you can't if you are trying to say they are compatable. But you can say liberal and apostacy are compatable. They tend to hold hands quite often. Even in long embraces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back