Failed hard drive on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerusalem Blade

Puritan Board Doctor
I've been out a while due to my Mac's HD failing (I'm on my wife's old Powerbook now). I was saying, "I'll back up my latest stuff any day now" but it caught me by surprise. I'm having most of what is valuable retrieved -- plus I had done back-ups fairly recently -- but I lost a good bit. When I go to the Apple store (only two in my country, in the capital, Nicosia) to pick it up I'll ask the tech what caused the HD to fail? Was it anything I was doing?

Notwithstanding, I remain a Mac-only man (though I can use Windows PCs).

Steve
 
Last edited:
There's no difference in hard drives between PC's and MAC's. If you have important data then I recommend Mozy.com. Takes a few weeks to back up 60 GB of information but well worth the piece of mind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top