Favorite Gum

Favorite Gum


  • Total voters
    8
Status
Not open for further replies.
My option is not there:

1. None of the above, because gum is sinful.

Chewing gum draws attention to the lips...and we all know that lips can be a provocative thing. Therefore, chewing gum is sinful.

:banana:

:lol: It probably says that in a Fundamentalist book somewhere.
 
I guess out of those options I would have to go with Bazooka Joe. I can remember as a kid in Staten Island going to get my haircut at Frank's Barber Shop, and everytime we'd leave he'd give us a piece of Bazooka Joe.

Are there many barber shops around anymore that will still give men a shave with a straight edge razor? I don't think there are many down south. Although I did see a bit on the news the other night about a blind guy who cut hair. Not sure if he does shaves or not.

At any rate, Big Red and Juicy Fruit are only good for about 20-30 seconds until the flavor runs out, and Bubblelicious has gotten so crazy with their flavors that I wouldn't even know what kind to chew anymore. So, I'll go with Bazooka if for nothing else in memory of Frank, and because the comics always made me laugh.
 
I hate gum. I ride a bicycle and nothing is worse than running over gum on hot pavement in the summer. STOP CHEWING IT. REPENT NOW!
 
What about "Big League Chew" this way one can pretend to chew tobbaco, just like the pro's, but without the harmful side effects of spitting and constantly grabbing one's crotch.
 
Actually, I never liked chewing Gum after 11 years of age.......

Not sure why but I have never been a chewer of things for an extended period of time...

But...

I have learned that Gum contains some forms of Plastic which can be harmful (Carcinogenic) to people....

Also..

I can NOT stand GUM or for that matter Cigarette Butts on the ground, on the sidewalks or the streets.. It is so bad you have to keep an eye down at ALL times as not to walk on that junk/germs....
 
Don't chew gum.
nocomment.gif
It sticks to my dental work.
 
What about "Big League Chew" this way one can pretend to chew tobbaco, just like the pro's, but without the harmful side effects of spitting and constantly grabbing one's crotch.

Those are fringe benefits, not downsides. :)

And Winterfresh and Big League Chew (any flavor) are all I will chew.
 
I love orbit. (what ever flavor the blue one is)

I do not like the selection above.

:ditto: ...although my favorite Orbit flavor is the green one, "Sweet Mint," since it tastes like those chalky mints you get in fancy restaurants! Different brands of spearmint gum are always good too, since it tastes like you're chewing on a mint leaf.

Extra (Classic Bubble Flavor - does anyone know what spice/root that flavor originally came from?) is also one to which I always return, as well as all three flavors of "5 Gum," since the flavor lasts for a couple hours.
 
In my humble opinion, chewing gum is poor stewardship of my resources - replacing fillings is very expensive!!
 
Gum is not sinful In my humble opinion. Here are my top 10 reasons for not chewing gum:

1. It leaves you feeling hungry after you've chewed it.
2. It does not retain it's flavor.
3. If it's sugarless gum, it pollutes the body with harmful artificial sweetners.
4. If you are chewing gum with sugar, it contributes to the rotting of the teeth (unless you have false teeth, in which case they were probably rotted out with sugar from all the gum chewed in the past.)
5. Careless gum chewers leave nasty gum deposits on bottoms of chairs, on the ground, etc. for us poor non-gum chewers to find and get stuck to our clothing and shoes.
6. Gum in the mouth gets in the way of the tongue and impedes proper pronunciation of words. (Unless you are from the south in which case, it doesn't matter a bit.)
7. Wrappers on gum are made from trees, so they harm the environment (not to mention the pile of gum wrappers that ends up in city dumps).
8. Gum chewing makes you have oversized face muscles
9. The average 5-pack of gum (with tax) costs around 1.00. If a gum chewer chews one piece of gum every day that’s $73 a year. Most gum chewers chew at least twice that.
10. Gum chewing looks like a cow chewing its cud.
 
I don't care what all you wretched wicked wiley wild wanton sinners say.

1. Gum and gum chewing are inherently evil. We're to avoid the appearance of evil.
2. Gum is visible.
3. Therefore to see it, chew it, or even consider it is...umm...evil.

:lol: you gotta love it when the word "um" is used in a syllogism
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top