Finishing Thoughts on Leviticus

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Today, in my private morning Scripture readings I finished chapter 27 of Leviticus. I very much enjoyed it, and I believe this is the first time I have ever read through the entire book. It is also probably the first time I have studied more than a few verses of it since becoming Calvinistic and Reformed. Two chapters that especially shone as helpful to Christians today are 18 and 26. The claim that Leviticus is like the pinnacle of Old Testament drudgery (expect maybe those genealogies coming up) is, in my opinion, destroyed by these wonderful chapters describing the blessings of communion with God that fall upon those who love him and his statutes. Also, chapter 26 seemed especially applicable in this day and age. It reminded me to only pray for the sins of nations and the church, but that I contribute greatly to that burden personally as well.

Leviticus 18.5 - "Ye shall therefore keep my statues, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord."

Leviticus 26.12 - "And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people."

Leviticus 26.40-42 - "If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me; and that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity: then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back