First Comes His Love....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
I was watching a stupid show of some priest whipping himself for his sins, and my first thought was, "You poor man! Don't you know that Christ died for your sins and whipping yourself will only give you physical pain and scars....nothing else?" And then I began to think about myself and how I do the same thing within my own mind. I sin and go to God and repent thinking, "Tomorrow I won't do it again", but ofc, I do it again the next hour. I scream at myself in a scolding manner wanting to kick the doors in because I failed God and sinned the same exact sin I repented of just an hour ago.

"Breath", I tell myself...now think of God's truths. Paul says he does the things he doesn't want to do because of his flesh but his spirit doesn't want to do them oh wretched man that he/we are. So is that the end of it? I do it but I don't want to do it? Can't I move on from that?

What's the lesson here? First and foremost it has to be about God and His glory. Now what? He doesn't make me sin but He uses my sin to teach me about what? Oh!!! About Him! What am I learning? Firstly, I will NEVER be without sin while on this earth. Secondly, that's no excuse to sin. Thirdly, now about God....if everything is done on this earth for His glory then what should I be learning about Him concerning my sin and just simply while living on this earth?

First, His LOVES me. He doesn't just sort of like me and say, "Ok, fine, I'll let you into My kingdom, sarah, because I'm a nice God.". He loves me with perfect love. And, ofc, I have no idea what perfect love is or looks like but I know it's something so fantastic it's bound to make me high with joy.

Love as we know it can be "hard". When we are young our parents disciplined us when we disobeyed them. We thought they corrected us because they were angry and hated us at that moment. But because they are not perfect, sometimes they did discipline us out of anger, but it was only because they loved us and they only became angry because we went down the wrong path that could have hurt us not because they didn't love us anymore (despite what we thought at the time).

God's love is different. When we sin He is angry against our sin because He is righteous, but He truly loves us and His love is patient with us and more than this it is teaching. I recall the verse where Jesus said He came to heal the sick not the well (sinful man). There are so many verses which tell us that Christ knows our afflictions. That His burden is light vs ours which are heavy. On and on the Bible tells us to cast our burdens upon Him. What is He getting at?????

Goodness gracious could it be that He is telling us WE NEED HIM?.....more than that it's imperative that we acknowledge that we can't even blink without His help and guidance and teaching. He DEMANDS that we be completely dependent upon Him. There's no shame in it. We can tell Him we can't do anything right that we need Him every second of the day that we ARE needy and starve for His attention and affection and teaching and love and everything His is! In fact, it's a command that we be dependent upon God in order for Him to get all the glory! Give up the cross to Him since He already died on it and LEARN from Him your lessons of painful sin. Learn, sarah, learn! Learn about your God how precious He is. Learn through your trials and blessings. Learn in the details of life since He teaches you through the details of life....patience, sarah, loving patience is what God is. How freeing is that????

Right now i'm really smiling :D lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back