First traffic ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys in CA have to go to traffic school if you get a ticket?? How many other states do that? I have never heard of that. :think:

I can't speak for every state, but traffic school is not generally required. However, if you take defensive driving or some type of traffic school, you can have your ticket dismissed from your record and have your fees/fines reduced significantly. At least that's how it works in Tejas.

Yes, this brother nailed it. I don't want this ticket affecting my insurance prices, which would cost much more than the basic fine and time put in for traffic school.
 
I got a 70 on my driving test on the day I turned 16.
This makes my hair stand on end, though no American may understand.
Not the 70, but the fact you were driving on your 16th birthday. You have to be 17 in Britain; and even at that, how many people are consistently sensible at 17?

I was legally driving at 15, but that was in Montana in the 70s. Farm kids were the ones to drive the grain trucks back to the bins because they couldn't be trusted to run the combines. . . .
 
I got a 70 on my driving test on the day I turned 16.
This makes my hair stand on end, though no American may understand.
Not the 70, but the fact you were driving on your 16th birthday. You have to be 17 in Britain; and even at that, how many people are consistently sensible at 17?

I was legally driving at 15, but that was in Montana in the 70s. Farm kids were the ones to drive the grain trucks back to the bins because they couldn't be trusted to run the combines. . . .
ok, my brother was driving a tractor (the kind without a safety cab) about the same age, but likewise, that was on the farm. He wouldn't have been allowed on the roads. Plus I don't think those tractors could get up very much speed
 
I would say that there is a huge difference between breaking God's law and the laws of men.

However, God's law dictates that we obey those that have the rule over us...

(the 5th commandment)...

So, by breaking the laws of men, we break the law of Almighty God...
 
Augusta;

You guys in CA have to go to traffic school if you get a ticket?? How many other states do that? I have never heard of that. :think:

In Florida you have the option of going to traffic school so that points aren't assessed on your license. however you can only do that so many times within a certain time frame--not sure what that time frame is..

edit to add:

Even then it's not 'traffic school per se' you go to class, or you can go to BlockBuster and rent the video go on line and take a test--about the video after you've watched it..then print out the certificate of completion when your done..or you can take the class online..

http://trafficschoolonline.com/

https://secure.lowestpricetrafficsc...tandard&OVADID=41699420522&OVKWID=18913140522
 
The Decalogue was based on God's moral character; sometimes state laws are seemingly arbitrary:


6.08.030 Restrictions-Public elevators.

No person owning or having charge, care, custody or control of any dog shall cause or allow it to go or be taken into any elevator in any office building, retail store or public building. This section shall not apply to dogs being used by the blind.

(Prior code � 13-38)

I would say that there is a huge difference between breaking God's law and the laws of men.

Only in the case that the laws of men contradict the laws of God. If the laws of men do not directly contradict the laws of God, then by breaking them we are breaking the laws of God, since Peter tells us to submit to every ordinance of man.
 
You guys in CA have to go to traffic school if you get a ticket?? How many other states do that? I have never heard of that. :think:

I can't speak for every state, but traffic school is not generally required. However, if you take defensive driving or some type of traffic school, you can have your ticket dismissed from your record and have your fees/fines reduced significantly. At least that's how it works in Tejas.

(Fun Fact: my avatar pic against the brick wall is actually taken at the Department of Public Safety, which also happens to be my place of employment).

In CA it does not reduce the fees but increases them. In other words, my $406 ticket would have been $75-$85 cheaper without electing to do traffic school. The traffic school (a certified, but "for profit" business) will also charge for the "privilege" of educating me in safe driving.

However, with the cost of car insurance in metro LA, not having the points assessed on your record and the resulting rise in insurance premiums is well worth the 8 hours of traffic school.
 
Oh, it's totally my fault. :) It's not a big deal. I bet the turtle van had a good laugh as they drove past me on the side of the road accepting a ticket! :rofl: Good stuff.

At least there is a good moral to this story:

Don't speed until you know what's over the hill.

Wait! Wait! I'm over the hill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top