FLV Files and Flash SWF files

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
HELP!

Hit this link, and then click on the big VIDEO button.

New Page 1

When you click the VIDEO button, a page slides up and on that page a video starts streaming automatically. Hitachi.

What I need to figure out (easily?) is how to take the list to the left, and have a video for each of the entries play when I click on those entries in the player to the right.

Right now, the player is stand alone and plays the video attached to it. Flash 8 has an "import video file" ability that takes ONE file and imports it into the player. Easy. Point, click, move the player on the screen, save. Done.

I need to know how to take 8 hyperlinks and make the player play what those hyperlinks are linked to (8 different video files) so that we don't have to leave the page and go somewhere else to another page to have another player play another file (8 seperate other pages).

To me, this sounds like there should be some easy way of doing it.

Upload 8 files into a folder.
Hyperlink them to the Text on the left.
Tell the video player to play what is pushed on the right.

I can't find it anywhere on the net that tells me how to do it simply.
Everywhere I look either I have to buy some expensive software and learn how to use code, or it just tells me how to make an FLV file run on an HTML site - and I know how to do that. (That is my work around right now - if you click the links on the left, they take you to individually created pages with individual players that play individual files attached to them).

I need it IN the SWF file and using a playlist, but I need to do it WYSIWYG.

I can't program and don't really know how the code works. I can follow directions.

Anyone have an easy way of doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back