For those unconvinced of the Regulative Principle of Worship

Status
Not open for further replies.
No reverence at all. This is a sad video and if a non Christian viewed that, the gospel is at a lost due to these men.

WOW.... that's all I can say about that. This is why we need some good persecution in the American church so that God can purge this sort of thing.

WOW.... that's all I can say about that. This is why we need some good persecution in the American church so that God can purge this sort of thing.

Seriously, you can't be advocating persecution of these people.
Trying to place the best construction on Mr. Turnbaugh's post, I would charitably assume he meant that God would bring persecution on all the visible Church in America so that ridiculous worship practices, etc. like these might be rooted out. I seriously doubt that he meant to imply that we should go persecute these people specifically. Of course, I confess, I wouldn't be the least displeased if the Magistrate "persecuted" these folks in the form of performing his rightful duties a la WCF 23.3:
. . . yet he hath authority, and it is his duty, to take order, that unity and peace be preserved in the Church, that the truth of God be kept pure and entire; that all blasphemies and heresies be suppressed; all corruptions and abuses in worship and discipline prevented or reformed; and all the ordinances of God duly settled, administered, and observed.​

Well, that's why I asked if he was serious.

Only thing missing was pew runnin', but most of those guys didn't look in good enough shape for that.

I have always felt uneasy when seeing or hearing of events like this. Until I heard about the Regulative Principle of Worship. I'm very grateful for that teaching!

OP, is this a video of your baptism? :lol:

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Seriously, you can't be advocating persecution of these people.

I took it to mean that it wouldn't hurt the church to have a little purification by fire.

I don't think there is any need to apologize or shrink back from stating that the Western Church needs persecution.

If this trait of the church is something that is to be expected as the Gospel goes out..and if we lack it, then we need to ask ourselves WHY.

I had to look twice to see if it is true. Do not know whether to laugh or cry, maybe both ?

I was amazed that the men still had jacket & tie outfits, is that not a 'decent and in order' thing to get rid of ?

Bobo the Clown outfits would have fitted much better for the occasion.

And why aren't the women allowed to go ape ?

Surely these guys were engaging in some kind of unusual running and jumping dance, justified in our simpler and more spiritual New Covenant era by reference to the Psalms that mention dancing :rolleyes:

I thought this sort of thing was somewhat traditional in certain churches. At least my dad always used to say that in Harold Sightler's church there was a man who would get up and run around while the sermon was being preached.

I thought this sort of thing was somewhat traditional in certain churches. At least my dad always used to say that in Harold Sightler's church there was a man who would get up and run around while the sermon was being preached.

Maybe churches should remove some pews and put in treadmills and lead the fight against obesity! :rolleyes:

This is a false borad brush painting of those that are non-RPW. And I believe that constitutes a 9th commandment violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back