Free Books for the Financially challenged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damon Rambo

Puritan Board Sophomore
For those of us who are poor (yes, I am very poor!), I was wondering if anyone knows of ministries that offer free books/reading materials (print, not digital). For instance, Grace to You (J.Mac) offers free books on a regular basis to anyone that is on their mailing list (currently the offer is J.Macs new book "Slave" if you are interested).

So, what other free resources are available? I for one, am most interested in the Puritan/Reformed writers. Anything?

If you run a blog, you can get in with publishers to get review copies of their books for free. That's how I now get a substantial amount of books that I read.

Thanks for the threadl; I am glad to have stumbled upon this.

Lee,
Does reformed book shelf order books to loan out? IE I need a copy of the Prodigal God by Keller and can't afford to go out and purchase it. So if your site does go out and purchase books for loan, maybe you can put this on your list.

Is there a large library in your area? Over the years we've checked out a ton of books here from the Fort Worth library. We can check out a LOT of books and keep them for quite awhile, and we can renew the checkout multiple times online before having to go in and manually check them in and back out. If you haven't tried that already I'd give it a whirl. Assuming there is a large library, you might be surprised at the selection they have.

Chris,

We certainly do take requests and try to meet them as often as we can. I will put that book on our list and encourage you to check back in often to see if it is available.

Blessings,

Lee

Thanks for the threadl; I am glad to have stumbled upon this.

Lee,
Does reformed book shelf order books to loan out? IE I need a copy of the Prodigal God by Keller and can't afford to go out and purchase it. So if your site does go out and purchase books for loan, maybe you can put this on your list.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Just ordered Prodigal God and it should appear in the library later this week.

Lee, your awesome;
Can I email you my name and address and have it sent to me when it arrives?
My home fellowship group is now just starting this study, I can't wait to get into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back