Just wondering - has anyone read/reviewed "From Shadow to Substance: The Federal Theology of the English Particular Baptists (1642-1704)" by Sam Renihan?
I have. I thought it was excellent. Essential reading for anyone interested in the topic. Does a great job in the first 80 pages of surveying nuances and development in covenant theology in the 16th-17th century - not to mention the excellent survey and summary of 17th century particular baptist covenant theology.
I have come across that work a few times this last week and wondered if I should add it to my list. This thread has encouraged me to do so. Wish it was a bit cheaper but I understand these kinds of works are not high volume sellers.
I have come across that work a few times this last week and wondered if I should add it to my list. This thread has encouraged me to do so. Wish it was a bit cheaper but I understand these kinds of works are not high volume sellers.
Thanks for the correction. I was not aware of the difficulties with Dr. Clark's analysis in the past. I guess my links may not have been helpful to the OP.
One point I am particularly interested in studying more is the 1689 Federalist view of how the New Covenant was applied to OT saints. I saw in a recent thread in the RB Facebook group that you said it depends on how "administration" is defined. I have the 1689 Federalist book list and many of the titles. Is there somewhere you might recommend in the 1689 Federalist literature (or on your website) where this point is discussed in-depth?