Further decline of civilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard King

Puritan Board Senior
NBC Demeans Christian Faith

NBC is promoting the network's mid-season replacement series "The Book of Daniel" with language that implies it is a serious drama about Christian people and Christian faith. The main character is Daniel Webster, a drug-addicted Episcopal priest whose wife depends heavily on her mid-day martinis.

Webster regularly sees and talks with a very unconventional white-robed, bearded Jesus. The Webster family is rounded out by a 23-year-old homosexual Republican son, a 16-year-old daughter who is a drug dealer, and a 16-year-old adopted son who is having sex with the bishop's daughter.

At the office, his lesbian secretary is sleeping with his sister-in-law.

Network hype "“ and the mainstream media "“ call it "edgy," "challenging" and "courageous." The hour-long limited drama series will debut January 6 with back-to-back episodes and will air on Friday nights. The writer for the series is a practicing homosexual.

The homosexual son will be network prime-time's only regular male homosexual character in a drama series.

I don't have cable and I can only receive a limited number of stations. Thankfully, NBC is one I can not receive. Even if I did receive NBC I would not watch the show.

However, such a show on national broadcast prime timeTV does not surprise me. The depths of sin humanity commits no longer surprises me. Grieves me, yes, but no surprise.

Historically speaking.....God and His followers have been protrayed in a negative light prior to this. Lets see...Nero accused the Christians of buring Rome comes to my mind first.

I see this as society feeling so guilty that they have to strike back. These people know in their heart of hearts that they are condemned...what better way to make yourself feel better than to ridicule what condemns you.

I am disappointed in NBC though....

Originally posted by CalsFarmer
Historically speaking.....God and His followers have been protrayed in a negative light prior to this. Lets see...Nero accused the Christians of buring Rome comes to my mind first.

I see this as society feeling so guilty that they have to strike back. These people know in their heart of hearts that they are condemned...what better way to make yourself feel better than to ridicule what condemns you.

I'm afraid you're wrong. Remember ... it's about Episcopalians.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back