German Reunification Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
October 3 is German Reunification Day in honor of the union of East and West in 1990. I visited the Berlin Wall (and Luther's Wartburg) in 1991 and I'll never forget it. Although Germany as a nation is not what it once was, I as an American am pleased to celebrate Germany's victory over Communist tyranny. Long live the land of Luther!

:up::up:

But isnt europe rank full of liberal christianity, islam, and liberalism in general?

But long live the Reformation!!!

Blade

But, at one time, it was the cradle of the Reformation.

And, Lord willing, it could be again.

My Great Grandfather came to North America from the kingdom of Wuerttemberg to escape German Unification. He was opposed to the Franco Prussian War which led to Prussia uniting Germany.

My kinsmen who are still over there do not like being lumped in with Baden. They also view the unification that followed the cold war as a mixed blessing.

The State Church in my Great Grandfathers day was a mixed Church. Wuerttemberg accepted both the Augsberg Confession and the Heidelberg Confession. Today the State Church is largely a dead Church.

At one time Germany was the cradle of the Reformation. At one time the Netherlands was a hot bed of Christian thought. At one time Princeton Seminary was the premier Reformed Seminary in the world.

Lord willing they could be again.

Freedom is indivisible, and when one man is enslaved, all are not free. When all are free, then we can look forward to that day when this city will be joined as one and this country and this great Continent of Europe in a peaceful and hopeful globe. When that day finally comes, as it will, the people of West Berlin can take sober satisfaction in the fact that they were in the front lines for almost two decades. All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin, and, therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words "Ich bin ein Berliner." -- John F. Kennedy, June 26, 1963

The Ode to Joy!

Brandenburg%20Gate%202.jpg

I love the German language, German culture and German history. I pray for reformation to return to that land as it's fallen so so far. :( I loved living there near the history. But it was always the past that I loved. An ideal that no longer existed and hadn't for a long, long time. I fervently pray the Lord raises up great men of God in that land. Then I could love the present Germany as much as I love it's language, it's culture and it's history.

Lord, you brought them out of darkness and into light once before. I beg of you that you might do it again through a mighty and effectual outpouring of the Spirit on them. Lord, set them free from the spiritual darkness and despair that exists there as they look to themselves and gov't for their salvation. Set their eyes upon your Son that they might kiss His hand and come to a true day of reunification. A day of reunification with a national passion to see your will done on earth as it is in heaven. :pray2:

Man, for Presbyterians that don't (and can't) celebrate Christ-mass, Easter etc. etc., we sure do party it up when it comes to man made days!

:banana::banana::banana:

I hope to do something really fun for Reformation day this year. :detective:

Originally posted by Jeff_Bartel
Man, for Presbyterians that don't (and can't) celebrate Christ-mass, Easter etc. etc., we sure do party it up when it comes to man made days!

:banana::banana::banana:

I hope to do something really fun for Reformation day this year. :detective:

:pilgrim::banana:

To get into the Puritan-Purim spirit, so to speak, try singing this. :sing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back