Getting a dog!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam, don't keep us in suspense.........are you and your wife close to deciding on a dog yet?:detective:

Nah, we are still waiting for the "official" ok to get one. I know it's going to happen, just not when exactly yet. As soon as we hear we will make the decision. :)

Which one...

personally I like mutts.....but a big dog is BIG maintainence..........Bubbles and Dreamer.....a Boston terrier and a little mutt..........:up:

I adored the Irish setter we had, remember Rosie?? But she could pull me around like a rag-doll if she wanted to...........Go for the smaller breed.....except Beagles tend to bark ...........alot.........

good luck.........mom:)

lol, she's been here, just doesn't post much. She's scared of all the "mean" Calvinists here as she's a "MaCarthur" Calvinist. :) You know, the Calvinists with a little evangelical flair.

Ok, settled for a "mixed" breed. We will be getting her next weekend. Naming her "Boomer" after my favorite Battlestar Galactica female character.

n525655012_644712_4979.jpg

Cute! How big will she get? I know she is a mix but most vets can "guesstimate" pretty well.:up:

Ok, settled for a "mixed" breed. We will be getting her next weekend. Naming her "Boomer" after my favorite Battlestar Galactica female character.

Adam - Boomer? That's hilarious. When I was in the Air Force my nickname was Boomer. I never heard my given name except from superiors. Everyone called me Boomer. I got the name because I bowled eight straight strikes at a flight bowling competition. I had a perfect game going and everyone was chanting, "Boomer! Boomer! Boomer!" The name stuck. I actually miss it.

First vet apt. is August 2nd so we'll see what she says about size and other things. And Boomer, sorry, we decided to go with Athena since almost everyone complained that Boomer was too much of a male name. So we went with the other name for the same actress on Battlestar! :)

I had a beagle when I was little. It was the dumbest dog ever. He actually failed obedience class. Incredibly stubborn. However, he was there every Saturday morning to wake up my brother and I for cartoons and I have the best memories in the world about him. He used to drive my parents nuts, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back