"Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill" by Carol Noren Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeachingTulip

Puritan Board Sophomore
One of our Puritan Board sisters, “CNJ,” has published a memoir entitled “Getting Off The Niceness Treadmill” that is deserving of a read by all Christian members, here.

For it is an honest attempt to reveal the contrast between a Christian’s attempt to please others by good (humanistic) works, and actually serving God first, by faith.

CNJ denounces the notion that Christians, who desire to please God and men, should, by their “niceness”, ever become doormats for those who would take advantage of their spiritual generosity.

The book is a short testimony of our sister’s life story (with pictures!), which I suspect is just a teeny sample of her personal tale, and my only negative feedback to CNJ’s work, is a wish she had written more, and produced a bigger book!

However, reading what Carol has decided to publish, was a pure delight . . . especially for “yours truly”, who discovered many references to familiar locales, actual known churches and ministries, and close mutual friends, which I share with the author.

Anyone interested in getting to know this dear PB sister better, through her memoirs, can surely receive a copy of the book, by contacting CNJ through a PM on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back