Benjamin, the rusting is something I would be hesitant about. I handwash a lot when I'm cooking, so it wouldn't be a HUGE deal... but as I am investigating more, I will look into these! Is this what you use?
I prefer high carbon steel knives hands down. I have many types and varieties, Old Hickory and other Ontario Knife Company Knives in the Higher Carbon make have become some of my favorites, and when I cook this is what I use. My wife will grab a "low carbon stainless" knife because she admits she will cut herself with real carbon blades. They are too sharp. Durability & Edge retention are what dictates a quality knife in my book. (This is why I don't use Ceramic blades which are VERY sharp, Hold a GREAT edge but can break much easier.) You may want to look in to Ceramic a bit if they fit your needs.
As for the rusting, this will not happen in a couple of hours. But these are NOT knives you would want to place in a dishwasher or leave in the sink over night. Just wash and dry with a towel then put them away. This is why the Carbon Knives of our ancestors have lasted generations. It was at one time a customary practice to hone up the edge of higher carbon knives on the bottom of the cast iron skillets that were the norm of the time. It was not uncommon during the American Great Depression for folk to be solicited by people willing to sharpen knives, door to door. This would be unthinkable for most knives in American Kitchens today because they are not worth sharpening or they will not maintain or even accept a decent edge.
Why do we ever get rid of the knives we have today? Because they are made of unacceptable junk metals. Carbon content is needed to increase a blades edge holding ability. This is known as "Edge Retention." High carbon Steels are used because they can maintain a fantastic balance between a strong
toughness (the amount of energy a blade can absorb prior to fracturing,)
hardness ("Deformation resistance" Measured on the Rockwell Scale,) and
Edge Retention.
Admittedly, Old Hickory are not the most beautiful knives due to the hickory handles, but they are an exceptionally excellent knife for the price. But if you really want a good knife that would last a long time, hold an edge, perform an internet search for "High Carbon Cutlery." As noted, there is the cleaning maintenance of "drying" your knives and not leaving them in moisture such as cooking fluids, or dripping dry racks.
All in all I would stay away from any knives that do not list their metal content, and ALL with the following metal types "420, 420HC, 420J, 420J2, 440A, 440B" This is not to say that they are horrible steels, but that unless the heat treatment employed by the manufacturer is TOP NOTCH then it will not meet the standard.
For a simple basic primer on Kitchen Cutlery look into the Wikipedia article "Kitchen knife" If you have that simple amount of information down, I dare say you will be able to make a more educated selection of knife than the average American Consumer.