Great Debates of the Reformation - Ziegler

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatechumenPatrick

Puritan Board Freshman
I was relaxing, browsing through the top floor of my schools library where the theology and philosophy sections are located, as I am apt to do on any given day. I was looking through Luther's section when a book caught my eye: "Great Debates of the Reformation", edited by Donald Ziegler. I have never found many good books, especially Reformed or Reformational works, in my schools library--I have to order many of the books I read from other librarys--but this book looks amazing. The book is basically a compilation of ten debates from 1519 (Leipzig Disputation), through major debates like the Munster Colloquy and Council of Trent, up to 1578 (Emden Disputation). Some of the main debators include Beza, Zwlingi, Luther, Bucer, Oecolampadius, Eck, and others. I have read much on the history of the Reformation and so have heard of many of the famous debates of the time, but the only one I have read is Calvin's short exchange with Sadoleto. Has anyone heard of this book, or read any of the debates during the Reformation? I am pretty excited to read it, though I need to finish the works I am reading now. :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back