The great book acquisition of Feb (aka Kid in a candy store)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quickened

Puritan Board Senior
In February I looked at the budget and saw that i could acquire some books. I accessed different sources to achieve my goal. They are coming from all over the place so i will add to this thread upon the arrival of my books.

To me the fun part is not knowing which book is coming next. It started with a purchase from my church and then went from there. They will be listed in the order of arrival.

1. Temptation (puritan paperbacks) by John Owen
  2. Believers Baptism: Sign of the New Covenant in Christ by Thomas Schreiner & Shawn D Wright (thanks to puritan covananter for the recomendation)
  3. Genesis: Beginning & Blessing by R. Kent Hughes (which is one that i am reading right now)
  4. The Holy Spirit by Benjamin B. Warfield
  5. All the Men of the Bible and all the Women of the Bible by Herbert Lockyer
  6. Strengthening your Marriage by Wayne A. Mack (My fiancee and I are engaging in a premarital course with an Elder from church. So this is the other one that i am currently going through.)
  7. Habakkuk, Zephaniah, & Haggai by John Calvin (the geneva series of commentaries)
  8. The City of God by Augustine

The City of God is an excellent book. I regret that I only had time to read half of it before I had to return it to the library.

The City of God is an excellent book. I regret that I only had time to read half of it before I had to return it to the library.

I've heard alot of good about it so i had to cave and give it a go! :book2:

The next wave arrived:

Jonah by Hugh Martin (Geneva Series of Commentaries)

Roman Catholicism
by Loraine Boettner

Handbook on the Pentateuch by Victor P. Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back