Guess who said this and what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABondSlaveofChristJesus

Puritan Board Freshman
"For Christ is the King and Lord in the kingdom of God, as the second Psalm and all the Scriptures say. For this reason He came into the world that He might begin God’s kingdom and establish it in the world. Therefore He says before Pilate, “My kingdom is not of the world, but whoever is of the truth hears My voice”; and continually in the Gospel He refers to the kingdom of God and says, “Amend your ways, the kingdom of God is at hand.” Likewise, “Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.” He also calls the Gospel, a Gospel of the kingdom, for the reason that it teaches, governs, and contains God’s kingdom. Now observe, these people need no secular sword or law. And if all the world were composed of real Christians, that is, true believers, no prince, king, lord, sword or law would be needed. For what were the use of them, since Christians have in their hearts the Holy Spirit, who instructs them and causes them to wrong no one, to love every one, willingly and cheerfully to suffer injustice and even death from every one. Where every wrong is suffered and every right is done, no quarrel, strife, trial, judge, penalty, law or sword is needed. Therefore, it is not possible for the secular sword and law to find any work to do among Christians, since of themselves they do much more than its laws and doctrines can demand. "

Walt Chantry?

I'll try to compose some thoughts later...I would also be interested to know who wrote that as that might temper my thoughts...If Chantry then he is in the reformed camp. If it is a Hal Lindsey or Dave Hunt then I might respond a bit differently.

Interesting quote anyway...I disagree with it if I am interpreting it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back