Help with a quote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
I am not what I ought to be
I am not what I want to be
I am not what I hope to be
But by the grace of God
I am not what I was

Ok, I know who made the quote, but can anyone tell me WHERE it comes from? As specific as possible?

Thanks!
 
Long after Newton , Charles Spurgeon said in his sermon " Holy Longings " , the following : We are not what we ought to be ; we are not what we want to be ; we are not what we hope to be ; we are not what we shall be ; but we do love the nane of the Lord , and this is the root of the matter . We shall be like Him , for we love Him .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top