Help with multiple iDevices

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
I could use some help from someone with experience using multiple iPads, iPhones, etc.

I am trying to figure out the best way to keep multiple devices in sync and avoid double app purchases. I have two iPads (mine, my wife's) and to iPhones (mine, my wife's). I want to keep them synced with apps (identical or nearly so), but not media (not the same music, movies, etc.). I also want my wife to be able to purchase apps and not have a huge problem getting them on her device.

How do you manage multiple devices?
 
Here's what my wife and I do:

For apps: we both use the same apple ID. So if I buy an app all she needs to do is select "check for new purchases" (or downloads, whatever it says) and it will allow her to download the app.

For music: I partitioned off about 100GB from the hard drive and put all of our music on it. I call it the M drive and you can change the iTunes settings to look for and store music there. Now each of our logins sees that drive and we can keep our iTunes the way that we want it, yet not lose any of the music.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top