Historic Premillennialism

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611

Puritan Board Senior
What is the purpose of the Millennium in Historic Premillennialism? I understand why the Dispensationalists have one but not "Covenant" Premills

What is the purpose of the Millennium in Historic Premillennialism? I understand why the Dispensationalists have one but not "Covenant" Premills
Good question. I have wondered about this myself. Help out here. Pax Vobiscum:book2:

For the life of me I can not fit the premill scheme into 1Cor. 15. When Christ comes we are raised and "then cometh the end". Death, the last enemy is destroyed:

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.
1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Last edited:

That very question and why the people of God would ever go back to animal sacrifices made me examine my own views on eschatology.

That very question and why the people of God would ever go back to animal sacrifices made me examine my own views on eschatology.
Not so surprising so many Christians are eschatology shy. It can get so complex, and there are so many different ideas on it. I think I at least am a bit End-Times subjects shy!:book2:

For the life of me I can not fit the premill scheme into 1Cor. 15. When Christ comes we are raised and "then cometh the end". Death, the last enemy is destroyed:

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Cr 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
1Cr 15:24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1Cr 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1Cr 15:26 The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.
1Cr 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under [him, it is] manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1Cr 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Craig Blaising does an extended exegetical treatment of 1 Cor. 15 and Rev. 20 and how they work in 'Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond'.

The only eschatological fact I am willing to take a bullet for is that Jesus Christ is coming again.

Not so surprising so many Christians are eschatology shy. It can get so complex, and there are so many different ideas on it. I think I at least am a bit End-Times subjects shy!:book2:

Yeah, me too. It seems everyone has their own little spin on it. ;)

Studying and searching the scriptures to show yourself approved with an open heart and mind will yield great blessings for the spiritual truths in books like Revelation and Daniel, which at first, seem scary (at least they did to me). (Rev 1:3) What wisdom our God must have to have for the writing of these books, simply amazing!

A quick reply... I do not have time right now to get into all of it... Maybe later tonight, maybe tomorrow........

I know of a couple reasons for the 1000 year reign on Earth since I am a Historic Premill. So more to come.....

I will just say that it does not have anything to do with Physical Israel but with Spiritual Israel (The Church)......

More to come later

There still has not been an answer to the OP on this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back