This didn't seem to fit anywhere else but this forum.
Our son, James, just turned four. Sonya already works regularly with the kids on their letters and phonics and numbers but not according to any prepared curricula. We really need to plan out this coming year and beyond.
I'd really appreciate some advice. My goal is to raise a child well educated in the three R's. I think I'd like to classicly educate him as well but admit I am no expert. I've been trained in Adult learning and know how to prepare curricula for a specific field of study but the idea of training a man (and later a woman) from the time he is a young child to full maturity is quite daunting.
I really don't want to be to eclectic but would love it if anybody has found a solid "plan" that provides objectives at the end of each year that a child should meet and a solid curricula that focuses on educational excellence in grammar, literature, math, etc but integrates historical and scientific learning with the Christian Faith. My goal is not to take pride in a National Merit Scholar or a child accepted to Harvard but a child that is well equipped for further study and knows God's world and his place in it.
If you have it all laid out so you can see the goal of the grown man/woman with milestones along with curricula that gets you there that would be superb.
Thanks in advance and have a wonderful Lord's Day.
Our son, James, just turned four. Sonya already works regularly with the kids on their letters and phonics and numbers but not according to any prepared curricula. We really need to plan out this coming year and beyond.
I'd really appreciate some advice. My goal is to raise a child well educated in the three R's. I think I'd like to classicly educate him as well but admit I am no expert. I've been trained in Adult learning and know how to prepare curricula for a specific field of study but the idea of training a man (and later a woman) from the time he is a young child to full maturity is quite daunting.
I really don't want to be to eclectic but would love it if anybody has found a solid "plan" that provides objectives at the end of each year that a child should meet and a solid curricula that focuses on educational excellence in grammar, literature, math, etc but integrates historical and scientific learning with the Christian Faith. My goal is not to take pride in a National Merit Scholar or a child accepted to Harvard but a child that is well equipped for further study and knows God's world and his place in it.
If you have it all laid out so you can see the goal of the grown man/woman with milestones along with curricula that gets you there that would be superb.
Thanks in advance and have a wonderful Lord's Day.