How do you Keep it Real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
None of the above

... I chose that because I've never really thought about a conscious effort being made to keep the resurrection a day to day reality.

I'm not even sure if it HAS to be a day to day reality. It happens to be one whether we keep it that way or not.

Christ is reigning now as King in His resurrected, glorified human body with the Father in heaven. Because of His day-to-day existence in His resurrected body, I know He is constantly at the Father's side making intercession for me, and will not fail to see that I am brought to the end of my life justified, sanctified, and then glorified. He is the Keeper and Lover of my soul, and I know that He will carry out His purposes for all of us because He is Faithful and Just.

So that's how the resurrection is a reality in my life: it just is! :amen:

[b:d768001e84]Christopher wrote:[/b:d768001e84]
So that's how the resurrection is a reality in my life: it just is! :amen:

:ditto:
At the same time, sometimes my focus on that reality becomes blurred and is refocussed from time to time. For me, what refocusses me best is meditating on God's word, specifically the Gospel accounts of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, or passages like Isaiah 53 or Psalm 22. Instead of it being like a Bible study, its more like:

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Another thing that has helped me keep it in focus is structured and regular Bible reading. I started doing the "Through-the-Bible" readings a few years ago and its really a blessing. One drawback for me was that, because I was just reading straight through the Bible each year, I found that I spent most of the year's beginning in the old testament and most of the year's ending in the new testament. Sometimes there were stretches of time where I'd read the old testament without being in the new testament for a while.

I made a little change to the Bible reading that has helped me stay in the NT more and to stay focused on the resurrection, etc. better. Lately, I've been reading it through at a faster clip and have changed the schedule so that I read some from the old testament, some from Psalms or Proverbs, and some from the new testament each day.

[b:d768001e84]Keylife_fan wrote:[/b:d768001e84]
How do you keep the Truth of the Resurrection of Christ a day to day reality in your life?

How do you?

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back