How's that color???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimV

Puritanboard Botanist
Well, I can't take any credit for that part. The kind of honey determines the color, but I thought this batch very lovely. Made from a hive I took out of someone's roof. I started with a rich mix of honey and water so even after the "strong" yeast I normally use did it's job, it's still got the taste of honey. Daughter in law just said it was too strong for her, but son liked it. It could age more (but probably won't :-) )

Anyway, I thought the do it yourselfers here would enjoy a picture of it. It was in a section of roof sandwiched between wood on all sides, so literally the purest, cleanest honey imaginable. Alcohol about 12% or so.

original.jpg
 
Tim, put some in a bottle and send it to me. I'll let it age before you are tempted to finish it off and send it back when it's ready. . . . Really ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top