I bet you don't love the scriptures like these guys do.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad this is being picked up and spread about. I featured it on my blog last year (I think) but few seemed to have visited and viewed it on youtube.

The pastor's prayer was beautiful!
However... I remember when I first received the Scriptures I was quite happy. Just because I don't come from a culture that places great emphasis on what some would consider excessive emoting doesn't mean that I don't love the New Testament, nor do I think that this group's reaction lives up to the title of the blog post as if it is the definitive and authoritative illustration of what it looks like to receive the Scriptures any more than it would be accurate if the title was "what does it look like to worship?" and then show a clip of a worship service from a highly energized Gospel service.

I think what struck me was not the emotional nature of the people as they received it, it was more the way the pastor was speaking about the translation itself - imagine having French, German, and Chinese bibles to preach from but you had to translate on the fly when preaching to your people, who lived way up in the mountains and spoke a little-known dialect (so unpopular that it is spoken only by those ethnically English). A translation in your own language? Wow. And that pastor's public prayer was something else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back