I should be patient but help! - PCA question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abd_Yesua_alMasih

Puritan Board Junior
A friend said to me,

"The PCA also doesn't teach or believe in being born again in Christ."

Knowing nothing about the church in America I do not know if this is true or not. Is it? If it is not how should I reply - is there a theological error in his thinking or if it is true then I guess I will agree with him but I would like the answer sometime soon...

Fraser

Your friend is indeed wrong. The PCA whole heartedly agree with the need for regeneration. Read the Westminster Confession of Faith which they hold to.

Your friend could be confusing the "big" Presbyterian church (PCUSA) with smaller, faithful denomnations; an easy mistake to make in this country for people outside of Presbyterianism, and even more possible for those outside of the US where our internal differences are more obscured.

Or, he could be confusing a distaste for "decisionism" (where at the end of every service the pastor calls for people to crowd to the front to show they are choosing Christ). Reformed churches are not known for these kind of public displays, which some might interpret as a lack of zeal for evangelism.

PC (USA) Subscribes to many reformed confessions, they just don't believe any of them.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back