Imagine No Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

staythecourse

Puritan Board Junior
This is an song for the man that treats all days the same.

Imagine there's no New Year's
It's easy if you try
No Christmas Eve behind us
Before us day and night
Imagine all believers
Living days the same

Imagine there's no Easter
It isn't hard to do
On Sundays celebrating
The Resurrection (hmm) Ooooo
Imagine all believers
Treating days the same

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
No day above another one

Imagine no Hallmark Days
I wonder if you can
No Valentines or birthdays
None that honor man
Imagine all believers
Praising God each day

But I'm not the only one
No day above another one.

This is after considering the stronger and weaker brother in regards to keeping special days to the Lord.

For the record, if any brother wants to keep a special day unto the Lord, I will honor that decision, whether Christmas, Lent, Easter or any other day set aside for special worship of the Lord. What I do have a more difficult time justifying is days set aside to honor men who were made by God and blessed with good attributes. It misses the mark. However, I do believe it is Biblical to "rise up" and call men (and moms, wives, women) blessed.

I personally honor Christmas and Easter but that's about it.

Anybody whose church skips Christmas and Easter?

John Lennon...move over!

:sing:

Imagine that!

I like it. Holidays have devolved into little more than "Madison Avenue type sales events" and corporate marketing ploys. Most holidays make me think of :moneywings:

But that said, I still really like sitting in my living room on Christmas morning reading Luke 2 with my family, before we "attack the Christmas tree" and leave a trail of torn wrapping paper strewn from one end of the house to the other...:lol:

This is an song for the man that treats all days the same.

Imagine there's no New Year's
It's easy if you try
No Christmas Eve behind us
Before us day and night
Imagine all believers
Living days the same

Imagine there's no Easter
It isn't hard to do
On Sundays celebrating
The Resurrection (hmm) Ooooo
Imagine all believers
Treating days the same

But I'm not the only one
No day above another one

Imagine no Hallmark Days
I wonder if you can
No Valentines or birthdays
None that honor man
Imagine all believers
Praising God each day

But I'm not the only one
No day above another one.

This is after considering the stronger and weaker brother in regards to keeping special days to the Lord.

For the record, if any brother wants to keep a special day unto the Lord, I will honor that decision, whether Christmas, Lent, Easter or any other day set aside for special worship of the Lord. What I do have a more difficult time justifying is days set aside to honor men who were made by God and blessed with good attributes. It misses the mark. However, I do believe it is Biblical to "rise up" and call men (and moms, wives, women) blessed.

I personally honor Christmas and Easter but that's about it.

Anybody whose church skips Christmas and Easter?

Our church doesn't acknowledge 'em.

We (our family) observe a secular Christmas because not to do so would be hurtful and not helpful to loved ones among the extended family and friends. We don't decorate and haven't done so for years. Easter? No. Everyone leaves us out of that; we've no relatives to "celebrate" that one with, and friends are with their families. Doesn't get observed here.

Life gets more "bereft" of people, the more one cleaves to the RPW. But then, it's supposed to, I guess.

Margaret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back