In Need of References.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no1special18

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey guys. I have to do a research paper for my Old Testament Prophets class on Isaiah's Messianic theology, and I was hoping that you guys could recommend some good books (or other sources) for this paper. I am looking around in my school library, but am having some trouble finding books that have relevant information, so if anyone knows of a book or something please let me know.

Thank You :)

Thomas Boston published a number of sermons based on Isaiah's Messianic prophecies, notably on Isaiah 9.6, found in his Works.

George Frederick Handel made use of some Isaiah texts in Messiah (and John Newton preached some sermons on those texts as well).

J.A. Alexander wrote on the Prophecies of Isaiah. James Durham and Thomas Manton both wrote major works on Isaiah 53.

See also Christology of the Old Testament by E. W. Hengstenberg and Christ in the Old Testament by Robert Gordon, as well as commentaries on Isaiah by John Calvin, Matthew Poole, Matthew Henry and Thomas Gataker.

Puritan & Reformed Sermons on Isaiah

Thank you so much VirginiaHuguenot!

Yeah, I was just about to go check out Calvin's commentary on Isaiah, and I will definately look into some of the other books and authors you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back