Incredible Archery Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those were great shots...I remember when I got my first bow; I was outside, and had been shooting at a soccer ball - I had shot about three times, and my dad came outside. He saw me, and said, "Let me see that. I haven't shot one of these in about 30 years." He pulled it back and hit the ball first try. (He said he used to shoot them in Vietnam.) I was disgusted, but amused.
 
Byron Ferguson has some amazing skills. I'd love to shoot with him one day. The man who taught me to shoot well, Pinkie Berryhill, was an amazing shot as well. He could consistently hit a ping pong ball out to about 85 yards with his long bow. He would hit doubles on a covey rise with his long bow. It truly is amazing to see someone shoot like that in person.
 
Very cool.

You archers probably know this but one of the reasons it was so hard to raise a professional army (and keep one) in the past was the amount of skill it took to become proficient with a weapon. The bowman was a lifestyle and, if a good archer was killed, they lost years and years of skill that was not easily replaced. Same with other weapons but in a different way.

Gunpowder revolutionized warfare immediately less from the lethality of the weapons but from the little time it took to train a person to use the weapon.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top