Interest rates up a 1/4 and Scott Peterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
Interest rates up, this is bad! Scott Peterson gets the death penalty, this is good. I'm flooded with emotion.:cool:

I was so hoping that he would get the death penalty. When I found out he did, I was very glad. Is this wrong of me?

Is it wrong to so hope someone would have to pay for their sins (crime), when I haven't had to pay for all of mine? (I'm not talking about salvation, I just mean that there have been bad things I've done in the past, and I have not had to pay for a lot of the injustice that I may have done to others).

Chris,

We shouldn't equivocate sin with crime. They're not the same thing. We need governments that punish public offenders to punish the wicked. David's Psalms show a lot of interest in justice.

I too was glad that justice was served with Scott Peterson. From what I've heard, his life expectancy will probably be longer with the death penalty than if he had gotten life in prison. Inmates were looking forward to getting their hands on him.

He gets the death penalty, yes. The only problem is that it will take upwards of 25 years. He has a better chance of dying of natural causes during this time... In olden times, if sentenced to death, you would be executed the next day... today, we have to pay for them for x amount of years. Sad :down:

Originally posted by Ianterrell
Chris,

We shouldn't equivocate sin with crime. They're not the same thing. We need governments that punish public offenders to punish the wicked. David's Psalms show a lot of interest in justice.

Something just doesn't seem correct about this statement. Sin and Crime aren't the same thing??? When justice was mentioned I new that there was an imbalance. Sin is a crime that violates a holy, righteous, lovely, being. It needs punished also.

He's getting the death penalty for wasting air space :mad:

Hopefully the Lod will have mercy on him and save before he gets his kicked by the Lord for eternity!

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Chris,

Something just doesn't seem correct about this statement. Sin and Crime aren't the same thing??? When justice was mentioned I new that there was an imbalance. Sin is a crime that violates a holy, righteous, lovely, being. It needs punished also.

Everyone might be saying the same thing but here is another angle:
anger towards someone = sin
killing them = crime (sin too)

Not all sins are crimes but all crimes are sins.

Historically
homosexuality and adultery were crimes now they're barely looked at as sins...:banghead:

Originally posted by crhoades
Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Chris,

Everyone might be saying the same thing but here is another angle:
anger towards someone = sin
killing them = crime (sin too)

Not all sins are crimes but all crimes are sins.

Historically
homosexuality and adultery were crimes now they're barely looked at as sins...:banghead:

That's exactly what I was getting at Chris. Good show.

I was a little mixed emotionally concerning the verdict. Truth be known I figured he'd get life in prison. But as someone I heard said, it's basically a choice of whether he'll grow old and die in his own cell (getting the death penalty) or with others (life in prison). Then they pointed to the fact that Charles Manson is still on death row! :banghead:

And do to the flexibility of the law, Manson will never die at the hands of the state. He might even be granted parole one of these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back