Iron Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
More spoiler....

We went yesterday. It has a 12A cert here which means under 12s may go with an adult. My son is ten, and it was really borderline on reflection. But there were little children as young as 4 in the cinema, and no way was it appropriate for them.

I was deeply disappointed with the (as said) needless bedroom scene at the beginning, however it was over quickly and was not graphic at all. But one thing I did get from the film was that the Iron Man's past life, his meaningless sexual encounters, and so on, and so forth, were pretty much slammed and he did realise that his life was worthless and pathetic. Of course, the answer to his problems lies in his own self-improvement, aren't humans wonderful, yadda yadda.

But it was a good film. Not a blockbuster, but good, and it successfully blended humour with the 'serious' side. The first time he flies and lands on the roof of his house too heavily, crashing through two floors of concrete and totalling one of his sports cars - now that was funny. And the robot on fire duty.

I noticed some bad language, one 'SoB' and my wife told me there was s**t as well but I didn't notice. I'm sad that I didn't notice the use of Christ's name, because in real life I wince at that. Perhaps it shows one of the dangers of the movies - that detachment from reality.

One thing I did see before the movie was the Indiana Jones trailer. Come to papa...

Last edited:
I think Jonathan has spotted something interesting about the film's worldview - man figures out all is vanity, so instead of trusting in the Saviour, he makes himself into his own Messiah.

That said, it was a pretty good film; the stupid bedroom scene is to be regretted, though thankfully it was not graphic. I must confess, I do not believe the use of the "s" word is sinful.

the sex scene at the beginning ruined it. I had to put my hands over the kids eyes. stupid one night stand with a reporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back