Is God above Logic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true, but the fact that inductive reasoning "works" is because God is consistent in the way He interacts with us as creatures and upholds His creation. He isn't fickle or arbitrary, so we can deduce (for example) that since the sun has risen in the morning from time immemorial, it will probably rise again tomorrow morning. Inductive reasoning is again grounded in His character, not ours.

Not disputing this at all, merely pointing out that saying God uses logic may be a category mistake.

I agree. =)

earl40 said:
Though I know you believe Jesus took on a human nature I think to say God "became man" sounds like God changed into a man at the incarnation. Of course I know you believe in the doctrine of the incarnation and the question in the OP is dealing primarily with the divine essence of The Trinity and not the human nature of Jesus.
That seems to be the language used in the catechisms, though they use "Christ" rather than "God." WSC 22 "Christ, the Son of God, became man"

Q. 21. Who is the Redeemer of God’s elect?
A. The only Redeemer of God’s elect is the Lord Jesus Christ, who, being the eternal Son of God, became man, and so was, and continueth to be, God and man in two distinct natures, and one person, forever.
Raymond, it is good that you pointed it out. I probably should stop saying that it is incorrect to say 'became man' instead of 'took on a human nature'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back