I've Graduated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tellville

Puritan Board Junior
YAY! I have a degree! It is a 4 Year BA in Religion and Theology with a minor in History.

Now I have to figure out where to go to school next... I'm going to take a year off to work, but after that I don't know. I just graduated from a fairly liberal (though it would be considered conservative if compared to the other theological schools up here, especially the seminary) Baptist university. I would love to go to an actual Reformed oriented school, but on the flip side I've appreciated the onslaught to my faith that this school has given me as it has challenged me to read much more then I would have. If it wasn't for this hunger to keep my faith I would have never discovered the glorius truths of Scripture. As well, I don't feel like my faith is me and my Bible under a tree. I am aware of the other viewpoints out there.

But to actually go to a school where the profs think like you do! It causes one to tremble with joy....

What do you guys think?
 
Originally posted by tellville
YAY! I have a degree! It is a 4 Year BA in Religion and Theology with a minor in History.

Now I have to figure out where to go to school next... I'm going to take a year off to work, but after that I don't know. I just graduated from a fairly liberal (though it would be considered conservative if compared to the other theological schools up here, especially the seminary) Baptist university. I would love to go to an actual Reformed oriented school, but on the flip side I've appreciated the onslaught to my faith that this school has given me as it has challenged me to read much more then I would have. If it wasn't for this hunger to keep my faith I would have never discovered the glorius truths of Scripture. As well, I don't feel like my faith is me and my Bible under a tree. I am aware of the other viewpoints out there.

But to actually go to a school where the profs think like you do! It causes one to tremble with joy....

What do you guys think?


:handshake: Congratulations on your degree
 
God bless you brother!!!

Nurture the heart as well as the mind and......

CONGRATS AGAIN AND GOD BLESS YOUR DECISION ON WHERE TO GO NEXT!!!
 
Princeton. Go to Princeton. Then you'll be able to do PhD work at Harvard. Then you'll be stacked so that when you make a conservative statement you'll have more credibility than someone who makes the same statement but is educated in evangelical institutions. :2cents:
 
Ivan, yes, I am curious at where I should go to next.

Ben, you make an excellent point. Actaully, a really excellent point. I guess the question is if I want to undergo another X years having my faith attacked!

Also, thank you everybody for your congrats! Much appreciated!
 
Yes, my degree is fully accredited (by theological, secular, and governmental accreditation groups). There are people from Taylor who have been accepted to Harvard on full scholarships as well as other big name schools such as Princeton, Trinity Western (leading in Dead Sea Scrolls research), Regent, Fuller, etc. Our Religion and Theology program is rigorous and very high quality. It's just on the more liberal side of things. Also, we are relatively new and in Canada and thus not as widely known.

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by tellville]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top