J. C. Philot Sermons

Status
Not open for further replies.

AV1611

Puritan Board Senior
Quite by chance this week I came accross a full (12 volume) set of J. C. Philpot sermons...needless to say I snapped them up and they arrived today. I can't wait to start upon them though I must finish off Gadsby's sermons first.

:cheers: I have a set, but it's not a matching set. Philpot is great. If you haven't read his sermon What is it that Saves a Soul? read that first, it's awesome. I have a set of his sermons on tape that are read by R. Champagne (whoever he is) that are really good. They sing psalms (a capella) from the 1650 Scottish Psalter after the sermons. Gospel Mission carries a lot of Philpot's works http://gospelmissionbooks.com/

Quite by chance this week I came accross a full (12 volume) set of J. C. Philpot sermons...needless to say I snapped them up and they arrived today. I can't wait to start upon them though I must finish off Gadsby's sermons first.

Dear Richard & Greg,

Iam looking foreward what you both think about his sermons ? Here in the Netherlands in the Reformed presbyterian experimental orthodox churches they love the sermons of Philpot, and many (maybe all) sermons are transelated into dutch. Personally i read some of his (transelated) sermons but i was not reallly impressed, but it's maybe because of the dutch transelation, because i also read some in english and it was good. More information about his sermons would be helpful!

Dear Richard & Greg,

Iam looking foreward what you both think about his sermons ? Here in the Netherlands in the Reformed presbyterian experimental orthodox churches they love the sermons of Philpot, and many (maybe all) sermons are transelated into dutch. Personally i read some of his (transelated) sermons but i was not reallly impressed, but it's maybe because of the dutch transelation, because i also read some in english and it was good. More information about his sermons would be helpful!

Dear Ralph,

Most of them can be found in English here. I have read his sermon The Lord's Invitation to the Ends of the Earthwhich is excellent. Hope these help :)

Brother Philpots sermons as well as his daily devotionals are a blessing to me. Words for Zions wayfarers and daily portions are a everyday read for me.

Sinds i bought the sermons and Gospel pulpit (and transelated works in Dutch, which are mmany), i can't stop reading his sermons. Philpot belongs at this moment to one of favourite experimental preachers, they are such a blessing for me!!!!!:book2: :book2: :book2: :up: :up: :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back