Jack Hyles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
I don't want gossip or to encourage it but I do have two simple questions about brother. Hyles (as I hear him often called in old videos). Was he ever convicted of any crime? Did he ever admit guilt?

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Jack was an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist from Hammond, Indiana. He was very cult like and heavy handed. He was accused of many things but never was convicted of any crime as far as I know. His son-in-law is another case. He took over after Dr. Hyles had passed. I believe he was convicted of some crimes. I can't remember exactly what they are.

I didn't pay much attention to the IFB movement since it was wacko in my opinion. It was too much into the End Times stuff and too busy attacking Rock and Roll and the entertainment industry. He was well known in the 80's. His congregation and school were close to Chicago so his influence here in Indy wasn't that big. News of Jack Hyles really didn't reach down here much. A lot of people started to read the NIV translation and were moving away from the KJV and Dr. Hyles was a proponent of KJV only-ism. So his influence was almost nil down here.

His son-in-law is another case. He took over after Dr. Hyles had passed. I believe he was convicted of some crimes. I can't remember exactly what they are.
His son-in-law, Jack Schaap was convicted of statutory rape for carrying a sixteen year old across state lines for sex under the pretense of "Counseling". He remains behind bars for this until 2023.

I don't want gossip or to encourage it but I do have two simple questions about brother. Hyles (as I hear him often called in old videos). Was he ever convicted of any crime? Did he ever admit guilt?

Yours in the Lord,

jm
No and no.

But I have a number of friends whose parents attended Hyles Anderson College. There were definitely stories.... I won't share them because obviously I can't verify them personally, but I've heard enough from people I respect to know something was very wrong there. And it didn't start with Schaap. Highly sketchy stuff consistently came out of that community.

Just look at the placid faces of the men sitting behind Schaap as he's, uh, "polishing the shaft" in the infamous youtube video. Those are faces that have seen things.

Why oh why did I check out that “polishing the shaft “ comment? Oy Vey! That should have sunk his boat right there and then!

where were the elders (deacons?) in all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back