leaving my denomination

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeJUk

Puritan Board Junior
After a long period of decision making and the fact that I've felt the Lord calling me through several ways about pursuing the full time ministry I'm in the process of eventually leaving the church of Scotland.

The thing that finally done it was the fact that to be a candidate you must agree with women in ministry. So I couldn't faced with the blantant facts in 1 timothy.

I would have been willing to have gone in and fight but i cant get in without lying really if thats the case and I cannot do that of course.

So now I'm on the search for a new denomination that isn't so liberal and i'm not so foolish now. Before I joined the church of Scotland I had no idea there was such a thing as a liberal minister and i thought they were reformed historically.

I've seen the free church of Scotland so far.

if you have any advice concerning denominations in my country then please post.

thanks a lot to the people i messaged for help through this issue.

Take Care,

God bless.

May God guide you. I would suggest checking doctrine & polity statements of all of the locals before visiting (if possible) to avoid another mess in progress.

Lee, I will be praying for you, that you will find a home where you may worship and know the joy that Christ intended for His bride.

Hello Lee:

I am sorry to hear that you are leaving, but it is even more sorrowful to learn of the apostasy of the Church of Scotland.

There is a Reformed Congregation in Airdrie - which is about 30-40 minutes from Paisley. Here is their link:

http://www.airdrierpcs.org/

Rev. Quigley is a very godly man.

Blessings,

Rob

haha dont think im travelling for 40 min every sunday.

Lee, our American brothers on the PB think of journeytimes like that as chickenfeed!

If you are happy with the historic reformed position of the CoS then I would have thought that the Free Church or the Free Church (Continuing) would be a likely destination for you.

ya but i dont drive, so i doubt my dad's gonna drive me around and then back :p considering hes not a church - goer.

I'm going to my first afternoon free church of Scotland service 2day. any advice?

I'm going in jeans i hope they don't have a dress code or something :s

Lee we do have some folks who have two hour drives (each way) to come to worship services.

When there is a scarcity of Bible-preaching congregations, one does one one must.

Praying for your transition.

LeeJUk;

Might I suggest you at least contact him? He may know of something closer, or might be willing to see about a church plant in your area..

Praise GOD

He's absolutely guided me in his sovereignty today. Like I said I had issue over women ministers in this mornings service, decided then on a whim to go to the free church of Scotland service in the afternoon. I just came back

The preacher came having only a weeks notice, he was originally scheduled for elsewhere and he was originally going to preach something else but something in acts caught him in his sermon prep. His whole sermon was literally jumping into my heart - the topic - the call to preach and God's sovereignty in raising up ministers. It was about acts and the call to preach the gospel and that verse about the Holy Spirit turning one of the apostles away from a town and sending him elsewhere(my vague memory). I mean the entire thing confirmed to me 2 things

1) God is calling me to preach/minister.
2) I'm called out of the Church of Scotland for sure. << this came up in the sermon too.

It was like that sermon and situation was custom built for me....

It was suuuch a relief to finally know and have it confirmed after today. I felt the Holy Spirit move strongly in my heart during the sermon and afterwords when I went up to talk to the preacher literally the presence of the Holy Spirit was just overcoming me I almost came to tears for some reason.

Just waiting on what to do next, whilst attending the free church.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
w000000000t

such a relief and joy.

Praise God for the powerful preaching of His word and the work of His Spirit in your heart, dear brother!

you mean go live there? if i was to move to northern ireland i'd certainly go all out free-pres. though i dont know how my family would like that

i love they're preaching and they are very successful.
they've also helped me through email and stuff and they're sermons are powerful.

Hi Lee:

I am happy and glad for you, and I am sure that all things will work for good for you in the future.

I look forward to continuing our conversations here in the forums.

Blessings brother!

Rob

Remembering you in prayer Lee. Take your time thinking and praying about denominations. I'll be in touch.

There's not usually a dress code in the FC these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back