Ligonier offer til 6/4: What is Reformed Theology DVD Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean

Puritanboard Commissioner
FEATURED RESOURCE FOR MAY 31 - JUNE 4:

WHA01_dvd_3d_web.jpg

What is Reformed Theology DVD Collection
You've heard of Reformed theology, but you're not certain what it is. Some references to it have been positive, some negative. It appears to be important, and you'd like to know more about it. And you want a full explanation, not a simplistic one.

Few evangelical Christians today understand Reformed theology. They know it has something to do with predestination, and they may have heard of "the five points." But they can't name these points, and they think no one believes most of them anymore.

Dr. Sproul says there's more to Reformed theology than these five points. Reformed theology reveals just how awesome the grace of God is.

The roots of evangelical Christianity are found in the soil of the sixteenth century Protestant Reformation, which brought a return of true biblical theology to the world. In this series, Dr. Sproul offers an introduction to Reformed theology, the heart of historical evangelicalism. C.H. Spurgeon once said that Reformed theology is nothing other than biblical Christianity.

Twelve 23-minute messages.

* Introduction
* Catholic, Evangelical, and Reformed
* Scripture Alone
* Faith Alone (part 1)
* Faith Alone (part 2)
* Covenant
* Total Depravity (part 1)
* Total Depravity (part 2)
* Unconditional Election
* Limited Atonement
* Irresistible Grace
* Perseverance of the Saints

Give a gift of any size.

"As a thank you for
your support, we would
like to send you
the featured resource,
What is Reformed Theology DVD Collection,
as a gift. "

RYM Offer

Only good through Friday, 6/4/10. Regular $48 + shipping. ;)

I can't find it. All I come up with is a price of 20 dollars. Then again, I'm probably looking in the wrong place as usual.

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Yes, I was looking in the wrong place. I'm blind. I missed the link. I was looking all over the ligonier.org website. Duh. :duh:

This is a superb resource, at any price.

There is also a leader's guide and paperback book that make this good reference for years to come if you are new to reformed theology or are more familiar and need to engage yourself and others.

This is an excellent format for a Sunday School class, weekend conference, or small group.

Sweet! I just ordered mine! I'm going to use it as a tool in educating my pentecostal family members who think reformed theology is of the devil. I hope it will be well received.

Our hot headed buddy would probably use it to stabilize his sadly abused and probably wobbly pulpit. You hit and kick that poor thing as many times as he does, if it isn't already wobbly, it soon will be.:lol:
I ordered mine up and I'm watching them online as well. I really like R.C. Sproul's lectures. I have the Dust To Glory series on VHS and I've watched quite a few of those now.

Thanks for the link. Knowing the good that Ligonier does, I couldn't give them a pittance for it but donated a reasonable amount as this is a great resource to give to anyone asking basic questions about Reformed Theology.

God used R.C. to introduce me to Reformed theology in 1997. I've thanked him in person and wondered just this AM how many thousands are Reformed due to his ministry.

He does a really good job in this series pointing out that Reformed theology is much more than the "5 points" and even develops the idea that we are catholic first and distinctively Reformed given our grounding in historic Confessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back