Rogerant
Puritan Board Freshman
Last night at our company Seasonal Holiday Party I had the opportunity to defend the faith with two of my co-workers. One of them holds to the view that "the church" created the bible to control people. I presented him with scriptures from the Word that were inconsistent with that thinking. Re: Christ not coming to the world to bring peace etc. He now would like to read some material defending the faith.
What is the best way to deal with this thinking re: evidence to the contrary apart from reading the Word.
Can anyone provide me with a good book defending the veracity of the N.T. and O.T. manuscript evidence and or a book dealing with this question in detail.
I was thinking about "New Testament Documents, Are they Reliable by F.F. Bruce.
Thanks, Roger
What is the best way to deal with this thinking re: evidence to the contrary apart from reading the Word.
Can anyone provide me with a good book defending the veracity of the N.T. and O.T. manuscript evidence and or a book dealing with this question in detail.
I was thinking about "New Testament Documents, Are they Reliable by F.F. Bruce.
Thanks, Roger