LOTR...So True of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tumbleweed:No one relates.

Oh, I understand too well. Sometimes it's LOTR, and too often it's Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I tried the "it sank into the swamp" reference in catechism class on Sunday. The reception was mixed... I'll have to try again!

Wew for minute there I thought I was going to have to leave PB... haha totally kidding of course.

Yes. If it was not for Gandalf, Strider, and the Hobbits I would have never been introduced to good ole Toby.

For me its power metal if I am giving a ride...
Haha that is great
...what about Kenny G haha (joking for myself anyways)

I think that is a good direction for the thread. What is everyones Trojan horse (the thing that many might consider surprising that always comes out unsolicited?)

Feel free share your odd funny surprises. If your willing or course.....things that many give you the (sometimes inner and invisible) “your weird” look for...

Last edited by a moderator:
I tend to go on at length about history. I occasionally warn my interlocutors not to mention anything historical, since once I've started I cannot easily be stopped.

I used to quote Star Wars a lot, but here in Korea it seems no one's seen them. (Some people have seen the recent Disney ones, but of course those don't count.)

I tend to go on at length about history. I occasionally warn my interlocutors not to mention anything historical, since once I've started I cannot easily be stopped.

I used to quote Star Wars a lot, but here in Korea it seems no one's seen them. (Some people have seen the recent Disney ones, but of course those don't count.)
Sounds like you need to show them the originals and translate... haha

Sigh ... wierd music that no one else listens to. Alright, I've admitted it.

Here's a delightful example:

Not sure how you even find music like that. That video rightly deserves the Trojan horse. The instruments and th sounds are sweet.

I hit play thinking that I would just listen long enough to get an idea.

Now that I've listened to the entire song I'm trying to figure out which Metallica album that song would have fit best on.

As for my area of "weird", Tabletop Rpg's are my secret love. Dice are fun to roll and stories are fun to share. I've never summoned a demon, not even once!

Well I am just proud that now that the thread is featured the PB home page has a LOTR meme... I Guess that means the Trojan horse has been opened...ha

Traditional Mongolian music, or Mongolian folk music. One important element in it is what's called Mongolian throat singing.
I’m considering beginning to practice this form of throat singing while in the shower.

LOTR, Princess Bride, Firefly and most other things sci-fi related. I can wax eloquent on the Star Trek universe except for the heretical Discovery series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back