MacArthur study Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi everyone

I have a number of bibles one of which is the MacArthur study bible NKJV which I got quite a while back.

I realise he is dispensational but can anyone tell me if there are any other problems in his teaching/theology?

God Bless
:book2:

I agree with Josh. Johnnie Mac rescued me from liberalism. I never bought any of his Dispensational arguments. Soteriologically speaking, he is quite sound and I have found the Mac Study Bible to be useful.

His Study Bible was a major tool in making me study the DoGs further...

Me too!

I enjoy his study bible but his comments in most of Daniel and all of Revelation are pointless to me. I kind of wish I hadn't have gotten it for those reasons alone. But I was a dispie myself when I did.

Man, oh, man!! ANOTHER book I absolutely "need"! You guys are wearing me out! :bigsmile:

The new "Reformation Study" Bible - ESV - is wonderful.

MacArthur is not there yet. (Nice guy, though.)

Robin

Originally posted by Robin The new "Reformation Study" Bible - ESV - is wonderful. Robin

Ah, I have hear of this new and marvelous thing, but have not been able to find it! Please tell me, where did you get your copy? I understand it has the notes from the Geneva Bible in it. If this be so, this WILL be my next purchase!!

:book2: :pilgrim: :banana:

Hey Ivan,

You should be able to obtain an ESV Reformation Study Bible from Amazon.com. But the best is Westminster Theological Seminary Bookstore in San Diego - Good prices; excellent shipping - hands-down best selection of Covenant/Reformed material - Period.

http://www.wtsbooks.com/

Check-out their CD lectures by some of the best Reformed profs there!!! (I'm doing Edmond Clowney, "Christ in all of the OT" --- absolutely awe inspiring!)

(I think that was a Reformed Infommercial :D)

Robin

[Edited on 1-8-2005 by Robin]

Originally posted by Robin You should be able to obtain an ESV Reformation Study Bible from Amazon.com.

Thanks for the commerical! ;)

Am I correct that the ESV Reformation Study Bible with have the Geneva study notes in it?

Yes, Ivan, it does look as though the Geneva notes will be there -- however, it doesn't state it like that.

RC Sproul is the editor - and my ad infers all study notes are Reformed. Packer; Boice; Grudem are among the scholars.

It should be out Feb/March.

Anyway....it is the BEST so far! (Ditch the NIV, fast!)

Meanwhile....an extraordinary benefit is the ESV narrated on CD or MP3 by Max McLean:

http://www.listenersbible.com/products.html

If you don't know about him - get to! Astonishing!!!!

I play his CD's in the car - I can't begin to explain the powerful changes that began once I H E A R D the book of Romans - read from beginning to end, without stopping (just like that congregation did 2,000 years ago). W H O A!

Now we can both read and hear a sound, understandable rendition of the TEXT.

:deadhorse: Again, I say, read or listen to big hunks of Scripture -- never clip them out of context....THAT changes everything!

SDG,

Robin

Originally posted by Robin
Hey Ivan,

You should be able to obtain an ESV Reformation Study Bible from Amazon.com. But the best is Westminster Theological Seminary Bookstore in San Diego - Good prices; excellent shipping - hands-down best selection of Covenant/Reformed material - Period.

Check-out their CD lectures by some of the best Reformed profs there!!! (I'm doing Edmond Clowney, "Christ in all of the OT" --- absolutely awe inspiring!)

Robin

Robin, I searched WTS for the ESV version but all I saw was NIV as the version for the Reformation Study Bible.

Meanwhile....an extraordinary benefit is the ESV narrated on CD or MP3 by Max McLean:

http://www.listenersbible.com/products.html

If you don't know about him - get to! Astonishing!!!!

I play his CD's in the car - I can't begin to explain the powerful changes that began once I H E A R D the book of Romans - read from beginning to end, without stopping (just like that congregation did 2,000 years ago). W H O A!

Now we can both read and hear a sound, understandable rendition of the TEXT.

Sounds great, no pun intended! Ah, another purchase. I need money! Send money!! :lol:

Originally posted by D. Paul
Hey Ivan,

Robin

Robin, I searched WTS for the ESV version but all I saw was NIV as the version for the Reformation Study Bible.

It comes out in about a month, I think. At least at CBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back