Mail merge from Excel spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoghan

Puritan Board Senior
Your basic excel file generates three sheets, labelled sheet1, sheet2 and sheet3. When doing a mail merge my Word document always picks data from the first sheet. By default this is sheet1, if I want to pick up data from sheet2 I need to change the order to "sheet2, sheet1 and sheet3" save it to ensure the priority.

Can I mail merge without altering the order of the sheets?

Can I mail merge into a single document from two sheets?
 
Yes to the first. When you are selecting your sources, Word will list the sheets in a given spreadsheet - just select the one you want from the menu.

I'm not quite sure I can envision the scenario in the second question. It's generally easier to have all the information on one sheet that you want to merge into a Word document.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top