Mark Schultz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
Does anyone else here love Mark Schultz's music? In addition to other types of songs and ballads, stories are where he most shines. In that way, he reminds me of a new Harry Chapin, only one whose stories come out of a heart and mind that shares our ultimate priorities in Christ - and that is beautifully and directly reflected in many of his songs. At the same time, he does not give in to the contemporary sacred/secular distinction so often drawn up by Christians in the category of music, and is not afraid to often just write about life and people and let providence speak for itself. Also, most of his stories were written about real situations of friends or family.

Check out his MySpace, as well as samples from and reviews of his albums, "Mark Schultz ," "Song Cinema," "Stories & Songs," "Live... A Night of Stories and Songs" and "Broken and Beautiful."

Also look at some videos that have been made for his songs. Since they're stories, they're particularly fitted to be set to videos. Some of the most popular stories in that way tend to be "He's My Son," "Letters From War," "Walking Her Home" and "Everything to Me." :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back