If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

29905297.somanyyoungmenkilled.jpg

-----Added 5/23/2009 at 12:35:25 EST-----

sunpoem.jpg

'Nam vets marching on Memorial Day

View attachment 560

(The guy in the back in his dress uniform - which still fits! - is my husband. This was in 2006. He'd never before contacted a Vietnam veterans' group - and that day, he finally got his "Welcome home, brother." About a dozen of them, from the others who marched. Since then, he's been involved in a Christian ministry to other 'Nam vets.)

Margaret

My family just returned from a trip to the WWII / D-Day museum in New Orleans. It is a must see. I've been to almost all of the major museums and this is one of the best. It is oustanding now. It will be amazing after this November when the expansion is completed.

znqa7p.jpg

Did you know that there are 24 permanent American burial grounds on foreign soil. Presently there are 124,909 U.S. war dead interred at these cemeteries, 30,921 of World War I, 93,238 of World War II and 750 of the Mexican War. Additionally 6,177 American veterans and others are interred in the Mexico City and Corozal American Cemeteries. These are maintained by The American Battle Monuments Commission, established by the Congress in 1923, is an agency of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government.

It's quite overwhelming when you think about it. Here are links to the individual cemeteries and photos.

American Battle Monuments Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back