Miss Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott

Puritan Board Graduate
I saw Miss Potter with my wife this weekend. I would recommend it to the ladies on the board and to men who want to do something nice for their wives. My wife liked it a lot. I thought it was fine, although not a movie I would see by myself or with the guys.

Scott

Thank you, thank you, thank you Scott. This may be the answer to "What am I going to do for Valentine's Day". My wife (an avid Jane-ite and lover of period stories) will be gleeful when she sees this movie.

Come on over sometime and we'll watch Unforgiven downstairs while our wives watch Sense and Sensibility for the 200th time upstairs. (Will Darcy and Elizabeth fall in love at the end THIS TIME? Pretty likely.)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Scott. This may be the answer to "What am I going to do for Valentine's Day". My wife (an avid Jane-ite and lover of period stories) will be gleeful when she sees this movie.

Come on over sometime and we'll watch Unforgiven downstairs while our wives watch Sense and Sensibility for the 200th time upstairs. (Will Darcy and Elizabeth fall in love at the end THIS TIME? Pretty likely.)

"You shot an unarmed man. Well he should have armed himself."

CT

Andrew, sorry I missed you starting that thread. You're still invited to come over and watch Unforgiven with Scott and Me and Hermonta.

Great quote Hermonta and I hate to get technical but the exact quote is:

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

:cheers:

Andrew, sorry I missed you starting that thread. You're still invited to come over and watch Unforgiven with Scott and Me and Hermonta.

Great quote Hermonta and I hate to get technical but the exact quote is:

"Well, he should have armed himself if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend."

:cheers:

:lol: No sweat, Bob -- you're (Un)forgiven! :cheers:

And thanks for the invite! Unforgiven v. Sense and Sensibility, hmmm...oh yeah, I can, ahem, relate...

A&E version of Pride and Prejudice is better. Emma is good for a quirky laugh. Never heard of Unforgiven...but Miss Potter looks really good for a chick flick.

The Chick has spoken :lol:

Bob, the main characters in S & S are not Mr. Darcy and Eliza. They are from P & P. Keep your anglophile movies straight will ya. :p

Miss Potter does look very charming. A wonderful gift for any wives that like these types of movies would be the movie "Wives and Daughters." This one is relatively new and a really great film. She would love it if she doesn't already have it. If she already has that then get her "Victoria" or "North and South", or "Barchester Chronicles." All anglophile must haves. :D

You're right Traci and I knew that, I've certainly seen it a bazillion times. I had a brain freeze. My wife and two of my daughters are major Jane-ites. They'll watch the A&E version from beginning to end in one Saturday. I love the dialogue although I don't believe Jane Austen knew how to write male dialogue. I still love the language and the social graces.

I was trying to think how I could surprise Kathy with this, but the local theater chain's web site has no mention of Miss Potter. A check of comments on imdb.com indicate that general US release has been pushed to March.

A wonderful gift for any wives that like these types of movies would be the movie "Wives and Daughters." This one is relatively new and a really great film. She would love it if she doesn't already have it. If she already has that then get her "Victoria" or "North and South", or "Barchester Chronicles." All anglophile must haves.

Thanks for the recommendations! My wife has the A&E P&P and has watched it more times than I can count. It is by far her favorite movie. She thought North and South was ok, but was not really crazy over it. I will try the others.

Wives and Daughters is the first movie that I think is on par with P&P. It really is good. Victoria hits this level also. It is about the life of Queen Victoria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back