More than conquerors review?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Doyle

Puritan Board Junior
I am considering leading a couple of men through William Hendrikson`s More than Conquerors.

I would be very appreciative to hear reviews from any who have read through this as to its perceived accuracy. I have started reading it and the men in my group upon finishing Horton`s Covenant book want to look at Revelation. I need some help here folks. What of the book?

Thanks in advance! If it is not good scholarship, then why and do you have suggestions for another?

I am considering leading a couple of men through William Hendrikson`s More than Conquerors.

I would be very appreciative to hear reviews from any who have read through this as to its perceived accuracy. I have started reading it and the men in my group upon finishing Horton`s Covenant book want to look at Revelation. I need some help here folks. What of the book?

Thanks in advance! If it is not good scholarship, then why and do you have suggestions for another?

Hendrikson's commentary of "More Than Conquerors" on the Book of Revelation is the BEST approach to understanding John's visions that has ever been penned.

You cannot find a better study source, in my opinion.

Thanks Ronda, I have heard good things. So I assume you have read it then and I understand it is coming from a historic amil perspective, is that correct?

Thanks Ronda, I have heard good things. So I assume you have read it then and I understand it is coming from a historic amil perspective, is that correct?

Yes, Hendrickson's volume has been in our library for 30+ years and is continually referenced and read by my husband and myself.

I am an Amillennialist, which view is very compatible with Hendrickson's scholarship, but his work and conclusions transcend anyone's ~pet~ eschatology.

May God bless your study . . .

I preached through Revelation about a year ago (60 sermons) and Hendriksen's was one of the commentaries I used (his other NT commentaries are my favorites). I also used Dennis Johnson's Triumph of the Lamb and G.K. Beale's The New International Greek Testament Commentary: Revelation, as well as many of Art Azurdia's MP3 sermons (he preached 81: Exposition of the Book of Revelation by Arturo G. Azurdia III). These amil men will differ here and there on relatively minor points but all concur in the main. I think Hendriksen is a safe choice for what you're doing.

Revelation is an electrifying book, most pertinent to today. In the seven letters the Lord Jesus is actually speaking in the churches throughout the NT age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back