My Listening Ear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivan

Pastor
Goodness! There is something wrong with me!! All I want to listen to is classical music! How has this happen?!

It can sometimes happen as a reaction to too much of some other kind of music. It can also happen if you've been listening to too much classical music, and may be a sign of addiction. :p

It's likely that your taste in music is developing to where you can appreciate the thematic, tonal and rhythmic complexities heard in classical music. I listen to alot of classical and jazz for the same reasons. I like jazz to classical music in it's treatment of themes.

While I occasionally listen to the rock of my youth (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, Moody Blues, etc), I liken it to reading comic books rather than literature.

Last edited:
...While I occasionally listen to the rock of my youth (Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, The Who, Moody Blues, etc), I liken it to reading comic books rather than literature.

Very true. I still listen to that type of music on occasion, particularly the Beatles. I like Bluegrass, Johnny Cash, Casting Crowns, others. I've listen to classical music for a very long time, since my youth. However, in these my more mature years, I find comfort in the music of the Masters. The selections from which to choose are almost endless.

Goodness! There is something wrong with me!! All I want to listen to is classical music! How has this happen?!

:ditto: Me too! It's all Rossini's Barber of Seville overture this, Mozart's piano concerto no. 24 in c minor that - I can't listen to anything else!

...And don't even get me started on Gregorian chant. :p

:eek: classical music only?

You're right. You shouldn't just listen to the Classical period stuff. There's also Baroque, Romantic, Renaissance, etc. Good point. :p

I deign to your complete repertoire of fine music...a smorgasbord indeed, especially Baroque!

-----Added 11/7/2009 at 09:20:35 EST-----

Sarah, yes, my musical tastes are much wider, but my preference these days are the Masters. However, check out post #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back