Harmonious Listening

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
I've every other Friday off from work, today is one of those days :banana:

I'm in the mood to start the day off listening to some good Christian music. My preference today is to listen to some duets, trios, quartets, barbershop quartets that have some good, interesting harmonies. I started out listening to some clips by the Spencer Trio which I enjoyed. Does anybody have any 'must-listen-to' recommendations of duets, trios, etc that I can get to online - ones that leave you thinking how interesting the harmonies were. I'm an equal opportunity listener, so I'd be interested in groups that do psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs...whichever way you interpret it.

Originally posted by Puddleglum
Glad has some good stuff; the only album of their's that I've heard is Pure and Holy Passion, which I enjoyed, but I know some people who've think that their totally acappella stuff is better.
You can find clips here: http://www.glad-pro.com/music/sounds.asp
Good stuff! I especially liked their interesting rendition of one of my favorite hymns, "All Hail the Power".

Bother, if you like harmony:

The Issacs - Songs of the Faith

If I Surrender All, Blessed Assurance or How great Thou art don't raise the hairs on your arms...I just don't know what would...

-pax-

-JD

[Edited on 6-16-2006 by jdlongmire]

Originally posted by jdlongmire

If I Surrender All, Blessed Assurance or How great Thou art don't raise the hairs on your arms...I just don't know what would...
Hair on arms raised!

Bluegrass is one of my favorite types of music. Nice harmonies. What a talented group!

I started and I'm finishing the day listening to some good music selections. Thanks for your recommendations - "Just what the doctor ordered". I'm sufficiently mellowed out now.

Its been said that I'm not really reformed (ie., I don't smoke/drink), I guess I'll just have to settle down with a nice mug of coffee. Don't get much better than this!

Originally posted by blhowes
Originally posted by jdlongmire

Hair on arms raised!

Bluegrass is one of my favorite types of music. Nice harmonies. What a talented group!

:handshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back